SHEET MASK 101
SHEET MASK 101
Why sheet mask? Are the benefits really there or are they just gimmicks? Well, ladies and gents, sheet masks are an everyday staple in Korea for a reason. Not only are sheet masks the simplest and fastest way to brighten and hydrate your skin with but they’re packed with good for your skin ingredients. If you’re ready to know more, see below!
How to sheet mask and when do you apply it in your skincare routine?
The most important thing about a consistent skincare routine is to know the steps.
1. Start by double cleansing (oil based cleanser followed by a water based cleanser).
2. Follow with a toner.
3. Apply your essence/serum/ampoule/oil. Sheet masks normally replaces this step because they’re soaked in a high concentrated essence so if you want to incorporate sheet masking in your routine, do so in this step. Make sure to remove any plastic mesh or film if it comes with the mask before applying it on to your face.
4. Leave it on for 15-25 minutes or however long the instructions say on the package.
5. Remove the sheet mask.
6. Tap/Rub in the leftover essence to make sure it absorbs into your skin. DO NOT WASH OFF the essence from your face. You're letting the magic essence go to waste if you do! Another tip: You can rub the extra essence on your neck, arms, legs, and chest for some extra benefits!
7. Apply eye cream.
8. Apply moisturizer to seal everything in.
9. Say hello to hydrated and glowing skin!
Should sheet masks be used during the day or night?
This actually depends on your preference! We recommend using it at night so your skin soaks up all the benefits from the essence while you sleep. However, it doesn't meant that it wouldn't provide your skin with benefits if you sheet mask during the day. A lot of people like to sheet mask during the day before makeup application because it rejuvenates the skin as well as provides the skin with moisture and a dewy glow throughout the day. Those with oily skin might want to use a sheet mask that is lighter in consistency (not as creamy or heavy) to avoid the extra glow.
How often should you sheet mask?
Everyone’s skin is different but we recommend sheet masking 2-3 times a week. Sheet masking every day can be beneficial for the skin too but people with sensitive skin might react to that since sheet masks contain essences that are highly concentrated with certain ingredients that people with sensitive skin might react to is used daily. There’s also nothing wrong with sheet masking once or twice a week especially if you’re new to sheet masks. It makes a great pampering session especially when you need some time to yourself. Sheet masks are an essential part of everyone’s daily lifestyle especially for those who highly believe in the importance of self-care.